Named one of Four Women Leading the Liquor Industry by bustle.com, Natalie Bovis shares her lifelong passion for the culinary arts and hospitality industry into a sought-after services offered through her business, The Liquid Muse. Mixologist, event creator, cocktail book author, educator, and beverage brand owner, Bovis has delved into every aspect of the liquid arts. Some career highlights are listed below:
Event Creator /Producer: New Mexico Cocktails & Culture culinary festival, and Santa Fe Cocktail Week. (2015, 2016)
- USBG (United States Bartender Guild), Los Angeles chapter founding member 2009 – 2014
- USBG New Mexico chapter, Vice President, 2014 – present
- USBG National Charity Foundation Board, 2013 – 2015
- LUPEC founder Los Angeles chapter, 2009
- Sporting Life, Los Angeles, founding member, since 2008
- WEBI (Women Executives in the Beverage Industry) Board Member, since 2012
- USBG Pulse National Website, Contributor, 2012 – 2013
- B.A.R. (Beverage Alcohol Resource) 5-day program, 2008
- OM Spirits, co-creator / owner of award-winning OM Organic Mixology Liqueurs
Cocktail Books by Natalie Bovis:
- Edible Cocktails: Garden To Glass Seasonal Cocktails (2012)
- The Bubbly Bride: Your Ultimate Wedding Cocktail Guide (2009)
- Preggatinis™: Mixology for the Mom-to-Be (2008)
Brand Ambassador Positions:
- 2013 – 2014: Western USA Brand Ambassador / Brand Manager: G’Vine gin, Excellia tequila, June liqueur (EuroWineGate / Domaine Select)
- 2012 – 2013: Taos Lightning whiskeys, Hacienda gin, Vodka viracocha, Brimstone absinthe (KGB Spirits)
- 2008 – 2010: Pinky vodka
- 2008 – 2012: National Spokesperson, Fre Alcohol-Removed wine (Trinchero Wine Estates)
Upon receiving a degree in French Literature and Theater from UNM, Natalie Bovis attended bartending school to support her creative pursuits throughout her 20s. Over the following years, she entered the Public Relations and Marketing sectors, first in the film industry in Los Angeles and later as a Restaurant Publicist in Washington DC. Everything came full circle when she launched The Liquid Muse in 2006, delving into cocktail culture, full time.
The Liquid Muse continues making inroads in the liquor industry after a decade of service. Natalie is a leader in creating online and print content about products, people and events around the world; teaching consumers; training bar staff and distributor sales teams; reaching a larger audience through TV and radio appearances; and organizing a myriad of promotional events. These achievements demonstrate expert organizational skills, international relationships, and unparalleled experience in a multi-pronged approach to fostering the growth of cocktail culture, globally.
Natalie served as the Spokesperson for Fre Alcohol-Removed Wines for over three years, presenting Trinchero Wine Estates products on dozens of TV shows throughout the United States. Later, she joined Domaine Select Wine Estates as the Western USA Brand Manager / Ambassador for the boutique French products G’Vine gin and June liqueur, and Excellia tequila, working as a liaison between the supplier and distributor in 6 states.
The Liquid Muse Consulting guides food and beverage brands looking to re-launch existing products or create new ones. Natalie co-developed OM Organic Mixology Liqueurs, a line of certified organic liqueurs that is now found at high-end bars and retailers in California, Florida, Nevada, New Jersey, Michigan, New York, New Mexico, Illinois – and still expanding!
The Liquid Muse cocktails are regularly featured at high-profile events ranging from Playboy Mansion parties in L.A. to the 2013 Green Inaugural Ball in Washington DC. Natalie also caters her signature nonalcoholic Preggatinis™ at celebrity baby showers, and develops cocktail recipes for big-brand liquor companies, craft distillers, nonalcoholic beverage brands and food companies to use in their promotional campaigns.
Natalie has parlayed her performance background into mixology segments on national TV and radio shows, and produces / hosts online video series such as her “Tales From the Red Carpet” video at the Spirited Awards at Tales of the Cocktail since 2009, “Inspired Sips with The Liquid Muse,” on SmallScreenNetwork, a how-to series for Lipton Tea called “Lipton Inspiration,” and “Edible Cocktails: Kitchen Meets Bar” launched in September 2012, based on her book Edible Cocktails: Garden To Glass, marrying cooking and cocktails.
Natalie judges cocktail competitions worldwide (see full list below) including being a jury member for the 2009 Spirited Awards. She leads seminars at industry events such as the Mind, Body, Spirit(s) balance series at Tales of the Cocktail in 2014 and a Nonalcoholic Cocktail Seminar for Tales in (2008). She did seminars on US Cocktail Trends and Homemade Ingredients for the Bols Academy staff in Amsterdam (2010), and was part of Online Marketing panels at WSWA (2013) and the Nightclub & Bar Show in Las Vegas (2007). She was part of the Garden To Glass panel at Arizona Cocktail Week (2011), a Write Your Bartending Book talk at Portland Cocktail Week (2012), and a gin seminar at Apres Ski Cocktail Classic (2014), and several USBG events. And, she created and oversees New Mexico Cocktails & Culture, the state’s culinary and cocktail festival.
Subscribe to Natalie’s weekly podcast “One for the Road” and The Liquid Museletter to keep in step with cocktail trends worldwide.
Natalie has been a Judge / Jury Member for the following competitions:
- 2016 New MIXico Cocktail Competition, Albuquerque
- 2016 Last Slinger Standing Competition, Coach of USBG NM Team
- 2015 Tales of the Cocktail, Spirited Awards, Global Judge Coordinator
- 2014 Apres Ski Cocktail Classic, cocktail competition, Aspen
- 2013 New Mexico Restaurant Association Awards, cocktail competition, Albuquerque
- 2013 Campari cocktail competition, Los Angeles
- 2013 USBG Don Julio cocktail competition, Phoenix
- 2012 Don Q Cocktail Competition, Santa Fe
- 2012 Call For Cocktails – WSWA Tradeshow, Las Vegas
- 2010 Tales of the Cocktail, Spirited Awards (national & international categories), New Orleans
- 2010 Pinky Vodka, national cocktail competition, Los Angeles
- 2009 “Vittails,” national Dutch nonalcoholic cocktail competition, Amsterdam, Holland
- 2009 Cocktails For a Cure national competition, Las Vegas
- 2009 Pinky Vodka, national cocktail competition, Los Angeles
- 2009 Damrak Gin, national cocktail competition, Los Angeles
- 2009 Los Angeles Wine & Spirits Competition
- 2009 Rain Organic Vodka, national cocktail competition, online
- 2009 Sutter Home Wine, cocktail competition, online
- 2007 Finlandia Vodka, international cocktail competition, Ice Hotel, Finland
- 2006 Finlandia Vodka, regional cocktail competition, Phoenix